- Setting up an InDesign workspace
- Adjusting the page size and margins
- Placing text
- Applying text styles
- Automating formatting
- Adding footnotes and headers
- Placing images
- Fixing text details
- Creating the front matter
- Creating the cover
- Exporting the final book
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Nigel] Print is alive and well. Books still have a gravitas that websites and EPUBs can only dream of. There are few things in life as satisfying as designing a book, knowing that it will be cherished for years to come. I'm Nigel French. I love designing books, and I love designing them in Adobe InDesign. Join me in my LinkedIn learning course, Designing a Book, where we'll start from the very beginning, a blank page and lots of untidy text. Methodically taking advantage of InDesign's rich feature set, we'll mold and refine our document into a beautiful book, something to really value. Let's get started.
InDesign CC: Designing a Magazine Layoutwith Nigel French1h 51m Intermediate
EPUB Accessibility Using InDesignwith Laura Brady2h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Document Setup and Strategy
3. Placing Text
4. Styling the Text
5. Working with Images
6. Finessing Text Composition
7. Creating the Front Matter
8. Creating the Cover
9. Preparing for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.