Glenn Jones has built a successful business selling his fun and novel t-shirt designs. Hear all the details about how he went from selling his shirts on Threadless as a side hustle to launching a full-time business selling his art.
- Ten years ago Glenn Jones was working…as a successful creative director in Auckland, New Zealand.…Glenn spent years designing packaging, corporate identities,…and illustrations for a wide range of clients.…A few years prior Glenn had started posting T-shirt designs…on a site called Threadless, and quickly Glenn's fun and…thought-provoking designs became big sellers on the site.…Some of his shirts were even worn on television shows.…For example, his melting Rubic's Cube shirt was worn…on the TV show Big Bang Theory,…bringing more credibility and fans to his work.…
Glenn realized that there was an opportunity…to scale his side hustle into an even bigger business.…He found a printer and order-fulfillment firm in Texas…and partnered with the companies.…Glenn would create the designs; his partner Julia…would manage the day-to-day operations…and strategy for the business.…Glenn said, "Quitting my career was a huge risk for me.…"I was a graphic designer for almost 15 years…"and I worked hard to get to a role as a creative director,…
- What is a side hustle?
- Selling design resources
- What does selling fonts entail?
- Making and releasing your own fonts
- Teaching your creative skills to others
- Selling merchandise featuring your designs
- Building your passive income strategy