Dustin Lee of RetroSupply Co. explains how you can build a passive income strategy from scratch. Learn the two most important lessons for launching a passive income business, as well as how to avoid the most common pitfalls for creatives building their first side hustle.
- When we're building a side hustle,…we start by understanding what our greatest strength is…as a creative.…Next, we look for an overlap in the market…between our unique strengths…and what people are willing to open their wallets…and pay for.…Without understanding this,…an idea that might seem like a sure thing to you…can easily flop, resulting in frustration and wasted time.…For example, a lot of people don't know that Nicky Laatz,…one of the most successful shop owners on Creative Market…with easily over a million dollars in sales,…started by making a lot of products…that people just weren't interested in.…
She had to experiment to find a good match…between her strengths and what the market wanted.…Ultimately, her shop has helped to forge the trend…in the design of hand-drawn brush scripts.…Creatives that build successful side hustles…have the perseverance and the discipline…to spend the time to understand what they are great at…and how they can provide that to people…in a way that they want to pay for.…If they're a typographer,…
- What is a side hustle?
- Selling design resources
- What does selling fonts entail?
- Making and releasing your own fonts
- Teaching your creative skills to others
- Selling merchandise featuring your designs
- Building your passive income strategy