In this video, address other formatting issues, like block text, and problematic drop caps.
- [Instructor] This movie is something of a catch all … where having applied the principal paragraph styles … and given our document structure, … we then go through it page by page … and we find any other text … that requires a different treatment. … I have an example of that on page 10. … We have this recurring song … which needs a different treatment. … So I'm going to select this … and I want to make it into a block quote essentially. … To do this, I'm going to change the alignment … to left aligned. … That's not going to affect this text, … but for other similar text … that may get the same style, … where the lines are longer, … that will be important. … And I want to indent it on the right and the left. … So I'm going to make the left indent 24 points, … that's twice current first line indent, … but then, I'll come to the first line indent … and make that minus 12. … Now, visually, I could've just made it … the left indent 12 and the first line indent zero, … on this particular instance, …
- Setting up an InDesign workspace
- Adjusting the page size and margins
- Placing text
- Applying text styles
- Automating formatting
- Adding footnotes and headers
- Placing images
- Fixing text details
- Creating the front matter
- Creating the cover
- Exporting the final book
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Designing a Magazine Layoutwith Nigel French1h 51m Intermediate
EPUB Accessibility Using InDesignwith Laura Brady2h 41m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Document Setup and Strategy
3. Placing Text
4. Styling the Text
5. Working with Images
6. Finessing Text Composition
7. Creating the Front Matter
8. Creating the Cover
9. Preparing for Print
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.