Take your web design skills to next level. Learn how to incorporate principles of design such as contrast, unity, and balance in specific ways that improve your websites.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Sue] Hi, I'm Sue Jenkins and welcome to Design Aesthetics for Web Design. In this course we'll start by exploring the concept of aesthetics as it relates to the web design process. We'll take a look at how you can use the elements and principles of design in your own web projects. Then I'll briefly discuss some foundation skills when designing for the web. Many of the tutorials focus on a single, specific concept to demonstrate how paying attention to aesthetics can play a key role in improving your designs.
Now, let's get started with Design Aesthetics for Web Design.
- Understanding aesthetics
- Picking harmonious colors
- Structuring your layout
- Using space to organize your design
- Communicating with the right fonts
- Aligning objects to achieve balance
- Adding movement with scrolling and animation
- Achieving proportion by scaling objects and text
- Creating CSS for different devices
Skill Level Beginner
2. Using Elements of Design
3. Incorporating Principles of Design
4. Web Design Industry and Trends
5. Designer’s Role and Web Design Workflow
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.