Learn how to create professional graphic design presentation materials like boards and mockups for logos, print ads, and brochures.
- Hi, my name is Todd Gallopo, and I'm the creative director of Meat and Potatoes in Los Angeles. I've been presenting my design creations to everyone from rock stars to startups and global corporate brands for the past 25 years. Every project I present to my clients requires a different approach. But they all must be up to professional standards. When I have the opportunity to present a campaign to my client in person, it's important that I make the best use of their time by coming prepared with a presentation that fully communicates my designs and really impresses them.
In this course about 2D presentation materials and mockups, I'm gonna walk you through my approach of organizing your design work and creating a professional presentation. I'll demonstrate several ways to present your first round of designs to your client. This is about working with your hands, using physical printouts to create presentation boards and mockups, if necessary. Things that you can prop up on a wall in a conference room, or spread out on a table, or pass around to a client to hold and unfold. A presentation that's tactile and commands attention.
If you're like me, you've worked hard on the designs you've created. And you want your client to love them as much as you do. The first presentation is the opportunity for you and your work to shine. One that should leave your clients saying, "Wow." Now let's get started on making a presentation they'll never forget.
- What is a presentation board or mockup?
- Preparing your digital layout
- Mounting presentation boards
- Making business card mockups
- Making a mockup of a brochure
- Presenting your work