Students will have the opportunity to discover one possible solution to a challenge that incorporates concepts from Chapter 4: Web Design Industry and Trends.
- [Narrator] What five changes did you make…to improve the type over this video?…Here's what I did.…First, I added a dark blue background…with 85% alpha transparency behind the type.…Next, I set the type in white…using Hucklebuck JF for the Heading 1…and Clarendon Text Pro Regular for paragraphs.…I then created form fields…using a neutral base for the background,…and gray for the hint label text in each field.…Then I set the disclaimer text in Roboto Regular.…
And lastly, I added a big, easy-to-click button for sign up…using a red that matches the company logo…and Roboto Bold for the text.…This is just one possible solution…to a design puzzle of this type.…Remember, as the designer, it's your job…to ensure that the copy is readable and legible…no matter what is shown behind it.…
- Understanding aesthetics
- Picking harmonious colors
- Structuring your layout
- Using space to organize your design
- Communicating with the right fonts
- Aligning objects to achieve balance
- Adding movement with scrolling and animation
- Achieving proportion by scaling objects and text
- Creating CSS for different devices
Skill Level Beginner
2. Using Elements of Design
3. Incorporating Principles of Design
4. Web Design Industry and Trends
5. Designer’s Role and Web Design Workflow
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.