Viewers will have the opportunity to discover one possible solution to a challenge that incorporates concepts from Chapter 3: Incorporating Principles of Design.
- [Instructor] So how did you banner design…address the principles of balance, emphasis,…proportion, and simplicity?…Of the three images presented,…I actually chose the young man reading the newspaper.…I also used content aware fill to extend the image…on the left and rights sides, worked with the clone stamp,…added a blur filter, and placed the advertising copy…on the top right corner of the layout.…While you don't need to follow every principle of design…to have a good design,…strive to consider these principles first…even if you end up breaking away from them…in your own compositions.…
- Understanding aesthetics
- Picking harmonious colors
- Structuring your layout
- Using space to organize your design
- Communicating with the right fonts
- Aligning objects to achieve balance
- Adding movement with scrolling and animation
- Achieving proportion by scaling objects and text
- Creating CSS for different devices
Skill Level Beginner
2. Using Elements of Design
3. Incorporating Principles of Design
4. Web Design Industry and Trends
5. Designer’s Role and Web Design Workflow
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.