Learn to paint with acrylics. Will Kemp shows how to unleash your inner artist, providing an introduction to the materials and techniques used in acrylic painting with three step-by-step follow-along painting projects.
- Hi, I'm Will Kemp, and welcome to the Foundations of Acrylics. Using acrylics is the simplest and most effective way for an absolute beginner to learn how to paint successfully. I've designed this course to give you a good understanding of the materials, the techniques, and the versatility of acrylics. Discovering how easy it is to achieve fantastic, professional-looking paintings with a few key materials in a relatively short space of time when we take the right painting approach.
This course will take you on a journey looking at a wide range of painting techniques from classical realism to modern acrylic abstract approaches. You'll follow a progressive step-by-step approach covering beginner and advanced acrylic painting methods from underpainting and glazing to impasto and textural effects. This course will cover materials and setup, color mixing and pigment choice, brush handling and palette knife techniques and gels and mediums, giving an essential introduction to the wide properties of acrylics.
By the end of this course, you would have built a solid foundation of painting knowledge. You will have created three fantastic little painting studies and have an amazing basis so you can create all the paintings you've ever dreamed of. So why don't you join me on the Foundations of Acrylics to unleash your inner artist?
In this course, Will Kemp takes you on a journey that will unleash your inner artist, providing an introduction to the materials and techniques used in acrylic painting.
The course follows a progressive sequence, covering beginner and advanced acrylic painting methods, from underpainting and glazing to impasto and textural effects. It also addresses setup and materials, color mixing and pigment choice, brush-handling and palette-knife techniques, as well as gels and mediums.
By the end of the course you'll have a final still-life project you can hang with pride, and a solid foundation of painting knowledge, making the transition into more challenging subjects or mediums much easier.
- Choosing a brush, palette, and canvas
- Altering acrylic paint with water and other mediums
- Blocking in and underpainting
- Adding glazes
- Choosing pigments
- Understanding basic color theory
- Creating texture
- Signing and protecting your work