Learn how to design your own layouts from scratch with Canva, the fun and democratic design tool that offers hundreds of fonts, images, and publishing choices in a simple-to-use, web-based interface.
- Hello, and welcome to Up and Running with Canva. My name is Justin Seeley, and I'm a staff author here at lynda.com. Also joining me for this course is the Chief Evangelist of Canva, Mr. Guy Kawasaki. - How's it goin'? - Good, how are you? - I'm good. - Guy, why don't you tell us a little bit about what a chief evangelist does? - Sure, well evangelism comes from a Greek word meaning "bring the good news," so what an evangelist does is bring the good news of a product or service. I was Chief Evangelist of Apple, and at that time I brought the good news of Macintosh, how it democratized computing. And now I'm the Chief Evangelist of Canva, so I'm kinda the chief cheerleader, and I'm spreading the word of the good news that Canva democratizes design, which is why we're so excited to be on lynda.com.
- Very cool. - [Both] Yeah. - So during this course, I'm gonna be showing you how to use all the different tools that Canva has to offer. At the end of each chapter, Guy's gonna come back in, and he's gonna be giving you a design challenge to practice what you've been learning. - Alright. So we're gonna start off with something called the beginner's challenge. This involves a hands-on look at some of the tools Canva has to offer, while at the same time putting together a sample design. This will help you get used to the Canva interface and give you an idea of how the application works. From there, I'll be giving you challenges that correspond to the different tools that you'll be learning.
We'll start off by designing some artwork for your social media profiles, and then we'll wrap things up with an infographic. - And so, at the end of each one of these challenge videos, I'm gonna come back in, and I'm gonna show you how I would work through this in something called a solutions video. This is where I'm gonna give you some insight into my thought process as I'm going through each of these exercises. This is gonna be a really fun course. - It sure is. - And Guy and I are very excited to share this new tool with you. That being said, I think it's time to get started. - Yeah, Rock 'n' roll. - Alright, let's go.
- Creating a Canva account
- Starting your first Canva project
- Working with text and graphics
- Uploading custom graphics
- Downloading and sharing Canva projects