Learn how to design compelling and effective marketing collateral, including brochures, business cards, posters, media kits, and promotional pieces like holiday cards and swag.
- I'm Sean Adams, and I'd like to welcome you to Fundamentals of Layout: Marketing Collateral. Marketing collateral is where the rubber hits the road. This is when the audience can hold something physically, or comes face to face with a poster at a bus shelter. I've learned about marketing collateral over many years, but don't worry, we'll explore each idea and item individually. We're going to learn how to plan an effective rollout of marketing materials. We'll look at ways to identify your audience, and what questions to ask to understand what you need to communicate.
Of course, every project will have nitty gritty functional issues that need to be addressed, and we'll cover these, including: What is the best size of a business card? When is digital printing better than traditional offset printing? How can designing an envelope the wrong way end up costing you a fortune? And we'll even look at posters. What makes a good one, and how to design one. This course is designed to provide you with the tools you need to create a compelling set of marketing collateral.
Welcome to the Foundations of Layout: Marketing Collateral.
- Deciding on the media for your message
- Defining your target audience
- Setting the budget
- Writing and placing copy
- Choosing paper and printing
- Formatting a brochure
- Designing letterhead, business cards, and envelopes
- Creating posters and media kits
- Designing specialty items like holiday cards
Skill Level Beginner
Foundations of Layout and Compositionwith Sean Adams1h 35m Beginner
Designing with Grids in InDesignwith Nigel French2h 12m Intermediate
1. Preparing to Design: Essential First Steps
2. Preparing to Design: Developing the Content
4. Stationery Systems
6. Folders and Media Kits
7. Promotional Pieces
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.