- View Offline
- Deciding on the media for your message
- Defining your target audience
- Setting the budget
- Writing and placing copy
- Choosing paper and printing
- Formatting a brochure
- Designing letterhead, business cards, and envelopes
- Creating posters and media kits
- Designing specialty items like holiday cards
Skill Level Beginner
- I'm Sean Adams, and I'd like to welcome you to Fundamentals of Layout: Marketing Collateral. Marketing collateral is where the rubber hits the road. This is when the audience can hold something physically, or comes face to face with a poster at a bus shelter. I've learned about marketing collateral over many years, but don't worry, we'll explore each idea and item individually. We're going to learn how to plan an effective rollout of marketing materials. We'll look at ways to identify your audience, and what questions to ask to understand what you need to communicate.
Of course, every project will have nitty gritty functional issues that need to be addressed, and we'll cover these, including: What is the best size of a business card? When is digital printing better than traditional offset printing? How can designing an envelope the wrong way end up costing you a fortune? And we'll even look at posters. What makes a good one, and how to design one. This course is designed to provide you with the tools you need to create a compelling set of marketing collateral.
Welcome to the Foundations of Layout: Marketing Collateral.