- View Offline
- Establishing the campaign message
- Developing your first ad concepts
- Creating thumbnail sketches
- Choosing the best media to convey your message
- Managing contrast in a composition
- Refining ad layouts
- Preparing a print ad presentation for clients
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, I'm Craig Smallish and welcome to Designing a Print Ad. A great ad design will entice the reader. And then while they're captivated it'll deliver the message. Sometimes they're not even aware it's happening. And that is the hallmark of a great print ad. How to design engaging print ads is the focus of this course. The ability to use graphics applications like Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop is important, but it is also important to recognize that designing a successful print ad or print campaign involves much more than simply producing pleasant or professional looking graphic layouts.
First, ads created for print publication must be successful at gaining the reader's attention. Secondly, they must deliver the client's message. This holds true for any graphic design communication project and it's especially true for print ads. In this course I'll discuss the creative process for developing a print ad, and I'll also identify methods for effectively producing ad designs that are as powerful at gaining attention as they are at delivering their message. Ultimately, it's the power of a great concept, coupled with a great composition that makes for a successful ad.
Now let's get started with Designing a Print Ad.