Join Craig Smallish for an in-depth discussion in this video Design trends, part of Designing a Print Ad.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…Design trends are those styles and treatments that can develop…quickly and become very popular in print and digital media.…Depending on what you are trying to promote with your print…ad, design trends are something you want to keep an eye on.…Being aware of design trends can be helpful as styles…in design change just as it does in furniture and clothing.…Using a design style that is no longer popular, might…be compared to sporting an outfit that's no longer in fashion.…You'll probably get some attention, but maybe not for the reasons you want.…
A quick web search for graphic design…trends or visual design trends, can lead you…to some pretty good resources that'll help you…keep an eye on current and future trends.…Some design trends can become very widespread and very influential.…For instance, the use of silhouetted figures and…high contrast imagery emerged as a very popular trend…that almost singlehandedly defined the identity for both…the Target and Apple brands for quite some time.…Variations of this style were used for quite a while.…
- Establishing the campaign message
- Developing your first ad concepts
- Creating thumbnail sketches
- Choosing the best media to convey your message
- Managing contrast in a composition
- Refining ad layouts
- Preparing a print ad presentation for clients
Skill Level Beginner
Developing Ideas and Design Conceptswith Craig Smallish1h 39m Appropriate for all
Foundations of Layout and Compositionwith Sean Adams1h 35m Beginner
1. The Power of a Well-Composed Ad Design
2. Establishing the Foundation: The Client Brief
What's the message?2m 53s
3. Great Ad Designs Begin with Great Concepts
4. Creating Thumbnail Layouts
5. The Best Choice of Media to Communicate the Message
6. Putting It All Together
7. Refining the Layout
8. Developing the Final Comp
9. The Pitch/Client Presentation
Presenting to the client4m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.