Learn how to see and replicate light and shadow in your drawings.
- Hi, I'm Will Kemp and welcome to The Foundations of Drawing Light and Shadow. On this course we're going to learn how to create the illusion of form and how artists have used it in the past. By understanding the principles of light you'll be able to draw your shadows more accurately and really be able to create great realistic sense to your drawings. Learning how to light a subject to create strong dramatic shadows or soft diffused moods and achieve a good balance of composition in your work by learning about shadow mapping and compositional patterns.
We'll be discovering new techniques using tonal paper, charcoal and chalk. So lets get started on the foundations of drawing light and shadow.
- Identifying the light sources
- Understanding the history of light and shadow in art
- Working with different lighting angles
- Working with line and tone shadow patterns
- Creating form with pencils, chalk, and charcoal