- When I mention the golden section,…many people immediately walk away.…"Oh no, math." They think.…And yes, the golden section is about math.…But the equations have already been handled,…you simply need to know how to use it…to help your design.…First, the golden section,…which is also called the golden rectangle, or golden mean,…is a proportional structure that has been in use…since the Egyptians.…It has been called the golden section…because the Greeks found it to be a proportion…that is uncommonly frequent…in geometry and nature.…
Without getting into complex mathematics,…the golden rectangle is a form created…by using the golden ratio, 1.618.…This ratio is based on the Fibonacci sequence.…If you saw the Da Vinci Code movie,…this was a sacred and secret geometry.…But it's not really secret.…The Fibonacci numbers are created…when the first number is added to the second in sequence.…For example, one plus one equals two.…
One plus two equals three,…two plus three equals five,…three plus five equals eight, and so on.…
- Why grids and proportions?
- The elements of a grid
- The types of grids
- Designing a master grid
- Asymmetrical vs. symmetrical grids
- Working with column and modular grids
- Managing multiple grids
- Designing posters with a grid
- Using grids in other design projects
Skill Level Beginner
2. The Pieces
4. Publications and Magazines
6. Other Formats
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.