Helping you transition your skills from the print to the digital publishing world and select a format (from EPUB to iBooks) for your project.
- Hi, I'm William Everhart and welcome to Digital Publishing Fundamentals. While digital publishing has been around for years, it wasn't until recently that publishers started taking advantage of the new range of devices on the market today. In fact, there's been a shift in the industry towards a Digital First or even Digital Only workflow. In this course, we'll discuss some of the current formats, techniques, and considerations to help you get started with digital publishing. I'll start by defining digital publishing and giving you the key terminology used in the digital publishing world.
Then, we'll look at some of the formats and tools used in creating a digital document. We'll cover some of the various publishing tools and available distribution options, whether you're a publishing giant or just looking to publish your first eBook. There's a lot to consider when publishing a digital document, and I'm excited to be your guide. So let's get started with Digital Publishing Fundamentals.
- Is print dead?
- Understanding digital publishing terminology
- Comparing an EPUB to a fixed-layout EPUB
- Publishing with PDFs
- Understanding the benefits and shortcomings of ebook apps
- Working with InDesign, Word, and iBooks Author
- Understanding distribution options
- Selecting a publishing format