Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,800 courses, including more Design and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Understanding grayscale values and channels
- Evaluating and correcting images with histograms
- Saving to different file formats
- Managing color
- Cleaning the scanner and images
- Reproducing versus assigning colors
- Recognizing contone versus dot pattern images
- Understanding bit depth
- Scanning logos and line art
- Scanning transparent film, positive or negative
- Capturing high dynamic range (HDR) scans
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Taz Tally and welcome to Scanning Techniques for Photography, Art, and Design. In this course, we'll look at scanning a wide variety of images. Including simple and complex line art, continuous tone grayscale and color images, complex images, and documents on a range of scanning devices. I'll start by showing you the fundamentals of scanning. Including the types of scanners and image challenges, linear resolution and bit depth, as well as the characteristics and use of pixel and vector based images.
We'll address how to properly evaluate your images prior to scanning. And discuss some of the particular challenges of tone and color reproduction. You'll also see how to select and use scanning tools. Including histograms, color sampler points and info panels, levels, curves, and sharpening. Along the way, I'll show you how to complete specific scanning tasks. Calibrate your scanner, color manage your workflow, and accomplish an entire projects. So don those lint free gloves and gather up all your favorite graphics, images, and documents.
And let's get started with Scanning Techniques for Photography, Art, and Design.
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.