Join Sean Adams for an in-depth discussion in this video The elements of branding, part of Foundations of Branding for Designers.
- View Offline
- The world of branding is a complex world…with multiple ways of communicating.…The days of a nice logo and print campaign are gone.…Today, we cover our bases and manage…all points of communication,…from a poster to a Facebook page.…My first step is to determine a clear strategy.…Now, this is often misunderstood,…and designers barge into meetings with the CEO claiming…to understand the business issues.…Unless you have an MBA, it's best to leave that…to people who actually have an MBA.…
When we talk about strategy in the context of design,…we are talking about communication strategy.…What is the client saying, to whom, and how?…Once I know the answers to these questions…and the client has agreed on the message,…I can start designing.…And the best place to start is the logo.…The logo is the entry point to the brand.…It's the visual expression of a brand's identity and values.…It's shorthand, and it tells the viewer…who is speaking, and what they believe.…
It doesn't describe the client's business, it identifies it.…
- The history of branding (pre- and post-1950)
- The elements of branding
- Conducting research
- Solving problems and presenting solutions
- Creating logos and identity systems
- Building a visual system with color, typography, and more
- Communicating branding with manuals and vision books
Skill Level Beginner
3. Strategy 101
6. Visual System
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.