Join Sean Adams for an in-depth discussion in this video Why bother?, part of Foundations of Branding for Designers.
- Defining, servicing, and maintaining…a good brand presence is a hard job.…It takes time, resources, and good talent.…Once the brand presence is in place,…the job has only begun.…The brand must be policed but allowed to evolve.…It's a lot of work so why bother?…Increased value and perception…are the two primary reasons…for all of this hard work.…Value is about money,…and perception is what we believe to be true.…
Let's start with increasing value.…A good brand makes a good company.…In an overcrowded and saturated marketplace,…a good brand stands out.…A weak one is dismissed.…The next time you buy salt,…ask yourself why am I buying Morton's Salt?…Unless you're a master chef, salt is salt.…But Morton's has maintained the lead for a century…because we trust the brand.…Compare your local grocery store brand coffee…with Starbucks.…
Hill Valley Market Coffee is a good quality option.…It has a pleasant taste.…Grandparents prefer the instant version.…Each cup costs about eight cents to make.…At Starbuck's I can get a cup of coffee…
- The history of branding (pre- and post-1950)
- The elements of branding
- Conducting research
- Solving problems and presenting solutions
- Creating logos and identity systems
- Building a visual system with color, typography, and more
- Communicating branding with manuals and vision books
Skill Level Beginner
3. Strategy 101
6. Visual System
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.