Join Sean Adams for an in-depth discussion in this video Problem solving 1, part of Foundations of Branding for Designers.
- Now that I've gathered interviews, research,…analytical data and existing visual material,…it's time to do the hard work.…It's time to solve the problem.…But don't worry, you're not in this alone,…you should still be collaborating with your client.…It's a back and forth process…to reach a solution everyone can own.…There is a difference between regurgitation and strategy.…It's not your job to throw back every tiny detail…of your research to the client,…that's part of the process.…
But you've been hired to solve a problem.…I've seen too many strategy documents…that are simply pages of interviews,…data and bad stock photos.…The client could do this alone.…Taking all of this information…and determining the correct communication strategy…is where it gets messy.…This is the creative part…and creativity is never nice and neat.…I take the answers one by one.…What are the company's primary values?…I may have 10 different ideas.…
The CEO's answer is the right one.…I may need to do some simplifying…and remove anything redundant…
- The history of branding (pre- and post-1950)
- The elements of branding
- Conducting research
- Solving problems and presenting solutions
- Creating logos and identity systems
- Building a visual system with color, typography, and more
- Communicating branding with manuals and vision books
Skill Level Beginner
3. Strategy 101
6. Visual System
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.