Join Sean Adams for an in-depth discussion in this video Presenting tips, part of Foundations of Branding for Designers.
- In addition to the physical presentation document,…or file for projection, there are several things…you can do to aid the process of a presentation.…First, and this may seem obvious, dress to impress.…Even if it's a casual company, it shows respect…when you take the time to look professional.…When you begin the presentation, take command of the room.…You don't need to yell at anyone.…Just make it clear you're confident and the expert.…You wouldn't want a doctor meeting…with you timidly and nervous.…State what you want the final outcome…of the presentation to be.…
People need to know what the goal is.…For example, you might say,…"By the end of this meeting, I'd like to walk away…"with one design direction and begin refining the visuals."…When presenting, never read the text…on the screen or page.…Hopefully, the viewer can read.…You don't need to repeat what is there, but embellish it.…If anyone has a question, stop and listen.…If you don't know the answer, it's okay to say,…"I don't have an answer for that right now,…
- The history of branding (pre- and post-1950)
- The elements of branding
- Conducting research
- Solving problems and presenting solutions
- Creating logos and identity systems
- Building a visual system with color, typography, and more
- Communicating branding with manuals and vision books
Skill Level Beginner
3. Strategy 101
6. Visual System
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.