Join Sean Adams for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Foundations of Branding for Designers.
- View Offline
- Branding is challenging.…So first, congratulate yourself…on working through this course.…It's a lot of information that doesn't always have…one simple answer.…It's not going to be possible to recall every single thing…we discussed all at once.…Take it step-by-step.…Think of baby steps not giant leaps.…Even if it's 100% clear to you,…your client is new to this and may need time…to work with the process.…Let's recap.…Our job with a brand is to look at the whole picture.…
Research the brand from top to bottom…and find weaknesses and strengths…We take all of the information and determine a message…that will support the client's values and goals.…We can identify issues out of our sphere,…the visual communications,…but aren't qualified to solve a…factory distribution problem.…Once you and your client have agreed on a message…and list of brand attributes,…you can begin the visual studies,…always referring back to the attributes.…
The logo, which is a logo not a brand,…is the basis of an entire visual system made up of color,…
- The history of branding (pre- and post-1950)
- The elements of branding
- Conducting research
- Solving problems and presenting solutions
- Creating logos and identity systems
- Building a visual system with color, typography, and more
- Communicating branding with manuals and vision books
Skill Level Beginner
3. Strategy 101
6. Visual System
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.