Join Sean Adams for an in-depth discussion in this video Identity systems, part of Foundations of Branding for Designers.
- You've done the hard job.…Pulling together the research,…analyzing the information,…and proposing a clear idea and direction for the brand.…It's all good in theory, but now it's time to make it real.…The best way to do that is to start making…and create the visual system.…I've found that the visuals lead the idea,…and make it real.…All the other elements of a brand follow the visuals.…We've established that a logo will never live in a void.…You might start designing a visual approach with the logo,…and that's a good place to begin.…
The entire identity system, however,…will either support the brand message or confuse it.…An identity system is the combination…of all the pieces that work together…maintaining a singular voice for the brand.…The logo is one part, now add a proprietary color palette,…choice of type faces,…image style, choice of materials,…and copy style.…I like to think of an identity system as a set of Legos.…
You can make all kinds of things from Legos,…but whether it's a house or car,…they will always be Legos.…
- The history of branding (pre- and post-1950)
- The elements of branding
- Conducting research
- Solving problems and presenting solutions
- Creating logos and identity systems
- Building a visual system with color, typography, and more
- Communicating branding with manuals and vision books
Skill Level Beginner
3. Strategy 101
6. Visual System
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.