- View Offline
These lessons are applicable to a number of fields, including graphic design, photography, and illustration, and both traditional and digital media. Dive in and get a fresh look at color that is sure to revitalize your creativity and your work.
- Understanding why color is essential for you as an artist, designer, or human being
- Storytelling with color
- Understanding brand identity and color language
- Reviewing the history of color usage, from print to digital
- Working with the color wheel
- Understanding value, saturation, and temperature
- Seeing through color: opaque, translucent, and transparent
- Creating contrast
- Exploring depth of field
- Seeing complementary relationships in light
- Achieving harmony and discord in a palette
- Understanding color blindness
Skill Level Beginner
- Can you imagine if you suddenly saw your world without color? Unthinkable. Color lives and breathes all around us. It is a part of our every waking moment. We exist in a world of color. As artists, translating what we see from the three-dimensional to the two-dimensional world can be the greatest challenge. I love using color and talking about how it can be used most effectively. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned professional, I wanna share what I've discovered with you to empower your work and enhance your own color intuition.
We'll explore both digital and traditional media using examples of graphic design, painting, photography, and illustration. I'll uncover the basic elements of color, to the methods of mixing, layering, and charting color. We'll compare pigments to pixels and explore how light can be used dramatically with temperature, value, and contrast. So let's toss fear out the window and dive into color with eyes wide open. I can't wait to be your guide.