Join Sean Adams for an in-depth discussion in this video File hand-off, part of Foundations of Branding for Designers.
- You've finalized the brand message,…identity system, standards manual, and vision book.…Now, it's time to pass everything over to the client.…I typically suggest that I design everything…for the first year to work out any kinks…and make sure it stays on track.…But, that isn't always possible.…In those instances, the baby is turned…over to its new parents.…Creating and organizing all the files is a critical process.…Someone else who knows nothing about the project…may need to work with the identity system elements.…
The files must be as clear as possible…and, hopefully, protected from tampering.…First, every logo should be set up on its own page.…All fonts and rules should be outlined.…The logo should be grouped as a whole.…Each color version has been saved…and named specifically as logo CMYK,…logo RGB, logo black, and logo white.…The color palette is the same.…
Place the entire palette on one page.…Eliminate any extra colors from the swatch palette…and save the versions you've converted as…color palette PMS, color palette CMYK,…
- The history of branding (pre- and post-1950)
- The elements of branding
- Conducting research
- Solving problems and presenting solutions
- Creating logos and identity systems
- Building a visual system with color, typography, and more
- Communicating branding with manuals and vision books
Skill Level Beginner
3. Strategy 101
6. Visual System
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.