Join Sean Adams for an in-depth discussion in this video Brand vision book, part of Foundations of Branding for Designers.
- The standards manual is the right tool for designers,…marketing directors and outside creative agencies.…It gives the end user the tools…to follow the identity system and brand message.…But civilians, or non-designers, don't really care…about the clearance space around a logo.…For them, a brand vision book explains…the brand in less technical terms.…A brand vision book is less a usage manual…and more of an overview of the brand's…history, ideals, goals and message.…
Like the standards manual,…a vision book can be any format.…There are books that are as small…as a Post-it note, with 200 pages,…or a group of publications.…I prefer a size that is manageable…and can fit on a shelf.…The less it feels like a dogmatic…document of rules, the better.…Again, the goal is to seduce the viewer.…The information should be exciting and engaging.…Make a welcome kit for new employees…with a brand vision book, and other useful items.…
Since people respond to images more,…and less to large blocks of text,…I liberally use imagery to explain an idea.…
- The history of branding (pre- and post-1950)
- The elements of branding
- Conducting research
- Solving problems and presenting solutions
- Creating logos and identity systems
- Building a visual system with color, typography, and more
- Communicating branding with manuals and vision books
Skill Level Beginner
3. Strategy 101
6. Visual System
Next steps1m 48s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.