Learn how to write an manage a Bio, CV, and headshot
- One of the first tasks a student faces…on graduation is to write a resume.…After that, when dealing with self-promotion and PR,…you'll need a brief bio and CV, or curriculum vitae.…And even though it sounds Hollywood,…you need to get a good head shot.…These may seem unnecessary at the moment,…but the first time you're asked to speak on a panel,…or a school, you'll be asked for your bio…and head shot.…Let's start with a bio.…This isn't a tell-all novel about your wild years…of college.…
It's a short synopsis of your career,…and who you are.…I have one that is 50 words, another that is 100 words,…and a longer one that is 200 words.…Cover what you do, what you believe about design,…where you went to school, where you worked,…and what awards or lectures you've done.…There are probably more items than you think.…I recently helped a student write her bio.…She was sure she had nothing except school…but we added information about her projects…being in the school gallery, internships, previous jobs,…and the fact that she was raised in Virginia…
In this course, Sean takes you through the steps of determining what your design identity is and developing the essential pieces every promotional system needs. He takes a deep dive into some of the more complex and critical components, such as developing an effective and elegant website, and also touches on topics one might not think of—such as writing an effective bio and working with colleges to give back and brand build. Learn how to let the world know who you are and what you do. Start promoting your design career now.
- Compiling brand assets: your CV, images, and project descriptions
- Creating a website to showcase you and your portfolio
- Creating business cards
- Sending thank-yous
- Managing your social media presence
- Joining AIGA and other design organizations
- Participating in events and conferences
Skill Level Beginner
Running a Design Business: Starting Smallwith Petrula Vrontikis1h 33m Appropriate for all
1. The Brand Assets
2. Your Website
3. Print Materials
4. Communications and Social Media
Next steps3m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.