Understand the reasons why you would want work with a trained professional.
- View Offline
- Just because you can do something…doesn't mean you should.…You may be able to move things around on the computer…and create the ad, logo, or website, but it's best…to collaborate with a trained professional.…I realize this is a hard pill to swallow…when it seems so easy to do it yourself or turn to…a cheap online solution for your logo or website.…But this is your business.…What it says and how it communicates its brand message…will determine if it survives or fails.…
I'll use the analogy of a car mechanic.…I prefer to take it to a professional car service center…even though I may pay more.…Obviously, I can find someone inexpensive working out…of his or her garage to fix my car if it breaks.…The person working out of the garage may do…a good job, but I'll trust the people trained…to fix the brakes.…Working with a graphic designer will help you…create a clear brand voice.…This is critical.…Your brand is your business.…
Consider Coca-Cola without the logo,…color red, or bottle shape.…It's another cola on the shelf next to the store brand.…
Sean Adams champions design internationally on behalf of his work with AIGA. Here he breaks down the walls between designers and clients so they can have a more collaborative and successful experience. There are whys and hows, dos and don'ts, and simple strategies for finding good partnerships, cooperating on designs, and negotiating fees, from both sides of the table. Plus, learn ways to gauge the return on investment and provide proof the design is working.
- Why hire a graphic designer?
- How do you find a graphic designer?
- How much do graphic design projects cost?
- How much should graphic designers charge?
- What are a graphic designer's responsibilities?
- How can a graphic designer prove a design is successful?