Learn why a design education is beneficial and a necessity.
- View Offline
- Is it important to have a design education?…Let me start with my blunt answer.…Heck yes.…If you're watching this, you already know how critical…it is to expand your knowledge and learn new skills.…So in some ways, I'm preaching to the converted.…Design is not a hobby.…It's not as hard as heart surgery,…but it takes technical, conceptual,…visual, and verbal skills.…It requires a knowledge of design history,…ways of evaluating a problem and finding a rich solution,…and how to design for print, or put together a website.…
That education comes from a college setting,…online training, or on-the-job learning.…As the head of the graduate department at Art Center,…one of the best design schools in the world,…I'm a strong believer in a college or online education.…But is it necessary?…I've heard the argument that Bill Gates…didn't graduate from college.…That's Bill Gates, not 50% of the population.…Now, the Gates Foundation is working hard…to increase college attendance.…
A college education enriches your experience.…It gives you the time and tools to become a better designer,…
Sean Adams champions design internationally on behalf of his work with AIGA. Here he breaks down the walls between designers and clients so they can have a more collaborative and successful experience. There are whys and hows, dos and don'ts, and simple strategies for finding good partnerships, cooperating on designs, and negotiating fees, from both sides of the table. Plus, learn ways to gauge the return on investment and provide proof the design is working.
- Why hire a graphic designer?
- How do you find a graphic designer?
- How much do graphic design projects cost?
- How much should graphic designers charge?
- What are a graphic designer's responsibilities?
- How can a graphic designer prove a design is successful?