This video helps you understand the scope of work a graphic designer handles.
- I hope we've established that graphic designers…are an integral part of a business's success.…The most successful relationships…with a designer are collaborative.…Graphic designers are remarkably skilled…at taking complex issues and re-defining them…into digestible pieces.…Understanding what the designer's role is and isn't…will help manage the relationship successfully.…A graphic designer's role is, at its core,…to communicate the client's message to…the right audience successfully.…
This is possible by understanding the brand,…competition, possible audiences, and message.…Reaching this goal is different for every client,…as every project is unique to a specific set of issues.…Good graphic designers should be more concerned…about the best way to communicate correct messages…rather than making something cool, pretty or purple.…It's the designer's job to work with a client…to determine what the brand message is…and if that message is the right one.…
Once this has been determined,…the designer's responsible for evaluating the competition…
Sean Adams champions design internationally on behalf of his work with AIGA. Here he breaks down the walls between designers and clients so they can have a more collaborative and successful experience. There are whys and hows, dos and don'ts, and simple strategies for finding good partnerships, cooperating on designs, and negotiating fees, from both sides of the table. Plus, learn ways to gauge the return on investment and provide proof the design is working.
- Why hire a graphic designer?
- How do you find a graphic designer?
- How much do graphic design projects cost?
- How much should graphic designers charge?
- What are a graphic designer's responsibilities?
- How can a graphic designer prove a design is successful?