Learn how to explain the value of design to clients.
- Many of my biggest problems came from not understanding…what my role was in the process of a project.…I either didn't take responsibility for the parts…I needed to,…or I stepped all over someone else's job.…Knowing where your job ends…and when to be involved is critical to the success…of a project.…Your role as the designer is to asses the problem presented,…determine the best solution and delivery,…provide an easy to understand and fair proposal,…design the visual forms,…manage the imagery and copy,…listen to and collaborate with the client with respect,…communicate with the client clearly and honestly,…get approvals every step of the process,…and make sure the final deliverable is the highest quality…and exceeds the client's expectations.…
The client will present the assignment based on what…he or she thinks the solution is.…I need a flyer,…they may say.…It's your responsibility to look at the larger issue,…such as message, audience, and effectiveness,…and determine what the best delivery vehicle is.…Would a booklet, poster,…
Sean Adams champions design internationally on behalf of his work with AIGA. Here he breaks down the walls between designers and clients so they can have a more collaborative and successful experience. There are whys and hows, dos and don'ts, and simple strategies for finding good partnerships, cooperating on designs, and negotiating fees, from both sides of the table. Plus, learn ways to gauge the return on investment and provide proof the design is working.
- Why hire a graphic designer?
- How do you find a graphic designer?
- How much do graphic design projects cost?
- How much should graphic designers charge?
- What are a graphic designer's responsibilities?
- How can a graphic designer prove a design is successful?