Learn about the standard process of a project.
- View Offline
- Once you finish researching potential designers,…it's time to begin the process to hire one.…Asking the right questions and knowing what to expect…will help refine your search.…It's like dating, you probably want to know a few things…early on before getting serious.…I expect good craft and skill to be the baseline.…These are like wheels on a car.…You should expect this at the minimum.…Being super skilled at Photoshop is not enough by itself.…
If you can, meet with the designer face-to-face.…If there is a distance issue, use Skype or Google Hangouts.…I like knowing who I work with.…You've already looked at the work on the designer's website…and don't need a replay of every project.…Find a project that resonates with you or feels…similar in tone, and ask about the process.…What was the assignment?…How long did the project take?…How was the relationship with the client?…What was the result after the project was completed?…This is what you need to know from the answers.…
Did the designer understand the assignment from the client?…
Sean Adams champions design internationally on behalf of his work with AIGA. Here he breaks down the walls between designers and clients so they can have a more collaborative and successful experience. There are whys and hows, dos and don'ts, and simple strategies for finding good partnerships, cooperating on designs, and negotiating fees, from both sides of the table. Plus, learn ways to gauge the return on investment and provide proof the design is working.
- Why hire a graphic designer?
- How do you find a graphic designer?
- How much do graphic design projects cost?
- How much should graphic designers charge?
- What are a graphic designer's responsibilities?
- How can a graphic designer prove a design is successful?