Learn the value of a well-written thank you card and/or gift.
- [Voiceover] Each term, I give a lecture…to graduating students about business basic etiquette.…Part of this is the importance of a thank you note.…When I get to this, I imagine they think,…"please, this is like so old-fashioned",…but designers have sometimes been offered jobs…or a project because they were the only applicant…to write a thank you letter…to the person who conducted the interview.…This simple courteous gesture demonstrates…three valuable qualities:…motivation, enthusiasm, and responsibility.…
Consider the last time you received a thank you note.…If you're like me,…you probably decided the sender was pretty crackerjack.…The fact that thank you notes are so rarely sent…is what makes them so valuable.…Of course, I send a note if someone gives me…a nice gift or dinner,…but I also send one after a meeting…and at the end of a project.…I also send a note when someone publishes a piece of mine…and says something kind.…Most importantly, send a thank you note…to everyone who helped you reach a goal.…
If I refer a designer to a firm,…
In this course, Sean takes you through the steps of determining what your design identity is and developing the essential pieces every promotional system needs. He takes a deep dive into some of the more complex and critical components, such as developing an effective and elegant website, and also touches on topics one might not think of—such as writing an effective bio and working with colleges to give back and brand build. Learn how to let the world know who you are and what you do. Start promoting your design career now.
- Compiling brand assets: your CV, images, and project descriptions
- Creating a website to showcase you and your portfolio
- Creating business cards
- Sending thank-yous
- Managing your social media presence
- Joining AIGA and other design organizations
- Participating in events and conferences
Skill Level Beginner
Running a Design Business: Starting Smallwith Petrula Vrontikis1h 33m Appropriate for all
1. The Brand Assets
2. Your Website
3. Print Materials
4. Communications and Social Media
Next steps3m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.