Running a Design Business: Freelancing
By choice or by circumstance, most designers will be freelancing one or more times during their career. In this course, Petrula Vrontikis provides an overview of the financial and creative advantages and disadvantages of being self-employed, along with methods, tools, and insights for starting out. The course helps you customize a strategy for your unique situation, from setting up accounts and tracking business expenses, to entering into contracts and invoicing for your work. The last chapter contains Petrula's advice on maintaining good business relationships and tactics for staying motivated and inspired.
- What is a freelancer?
- Tracking expenses
- Paying taxes
- Understanding business licenses
- Creating contracts and invoices
- Preparing, transferring, and storing files
- Tracking billing and payments
- Managing your work-life balance
- If you're working in a creative field, you'll find yourself freelancing one or more times during your career, either by choice or by circumstance. It's especially common in difficult economic times when job stability is hard to find. To earn more money and stay creative and confident, you're gonna need agility. You may find yourself having to adapt your working style to situations where your skills and your talents are most valued. Freelancing is an excellent opportunity to be both creative and independent.
You can be both an artist and an entrepreneur. It can be an incredible experience, but it's important to keep both feet on the ground when planning this phase of your career. In this course, I'll focus on being a freelancer, dispel some myths, and share some realities that I've learned along the way. Finally, I'll show you how to build both sustainability and resilience. How to make a short or long-term commitment to freelancing. And how to make it work for you.
So let's get started with running a design business. Freelancing.
HTML5: Graphics and Animation with Canvas358,951 Views
Nonprofit Fundamentals85,914 Views
Running a Design Business: Presentation Skills90,476 Views
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Training1,356,688 Views
QuarkXPress 8 Essential Training240,825 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
3ds Max 2015 Essential Training514,144 Views
Photoshop CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,447,213 Views
3ds Max 2013 Essential Training827,256 Views