Review the value of professional graphic design.
- Throughout this course, we've looked at…the value of professional graphic design…through the eye of a client and designer.…The goal is to reinforce…the importance of the quality of work…and relationship between the client and designer.…Professional graphic design requires…education, ethical standards, business skills,…craft, and design excellence.…The difference between a professional…and the amateur is large.…It may seem that everyone can do it with the right programs,…but that is like assuming everyone can do brain surgery…with the right scalpel.…
The brand is the most valuable asset a company owns.…The brand lives or dies by the communication…and message associated with the brand.…the best results happen when…the client and designer work closely together,…sharing concepts and honest feedback with respect.…This is a collaborative process that requires…the client's knowledge and designer's skills.…We also covered the responsibilities of a designer.…Clear estimates and proposals,…understanding audience and competition,…
Sean Adams champions design internationally on behalf of his work with AIGA. Here he breaks down the walls between designers and clients so they can have a more collaborative and successful experience. There are whys and hows, dos and don'ts, and simple strategies for finding good partnerships, cooperating on designs, and negotiating fees, from both sides of the table. Plus, learn ways to gauge the return on investment and provide proof the design is working.
- Why hire a graphic designer?
- How do you find a graphic designer?
- How much do graphic design projects cost?
- How much should graphic designers charge?
- What are a graphic designer's responsibilities?
- How can a graphic designer prove a design is successful?