Learn how to create a communications plan for online presence.
- You probably don't need to be persuaded…that online communication and presence…is critical today.…Your audience will connect with your brand…through your online presence more than…any other media.…The great part of this is that there are so…many channels and ways to reach them,…and that's the hard part too.…Determining what to communicate to whom…and when is as important as your visual brand.…Having a website is clearly a requirement…for all businesses.…
We've covered the way to build and organize…the site.…Of course you can have the most incredible site…in the world filled with beautiful and compelling…work but it's useless if nobody visits it.…Now it's time to get the word out there so…people can find it.…89% of users use search engines to find content.…They trust sites that are higher in the results…than on page nine.…And that's where SEO, Search Engine Optimization, helps.…
There are many ways to do this.…You may want to visit David Booth's SEO…Fundamentals for a deeper dive.…Here's some basics.…First, make sure your page titles are unique…
In this course, Sean takes you through the steps of determining what your design identity is and developing the essential pieces every promotional system needs. He takes a deep dive into some of the more complex and critical components, such as developing an effective and elegant website, and also touches on topics one might not think of—such as writing an effective bio and working with colleges to give back and brand build. Learn how to let the world know who you are and what you do. Start promoting your design career now.
- Compiling brand assets: your CV, images, and project descriptions
- Creating a website to showcase you and your portfolio
- Creating business cards
- Sending thank-yous
- Managing your social media presence
- Joining AIGA and other design organizations
- Participating in events and conferences
Skill Level Beginner
Running a Design Business: Starting Smallwith Petrula Vrontikis1h 33m Appropriate for all
1. The Brand Assets
2. Your Website
3. Print Materials
4. Communications and Social Media
Next steps3m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.