Learn different ways to create a website.
- Almost 20 years ago, I began design for the…Adams Morioka website, where I was a partner.…These were the early days of the internet…and the options were slim.…I found quickly that I had no idea what I was doing.…I might as well have been taking over…for a brain surgeon.…I turned to my team of designers…who worked with an outside developer…to design the site.…The end product was impossible to update…and incredibly expensive to code.…I never understood how it worked…and didn't particularly like the navigation.…
It was only after we received hate mail about the navigation…that anyone listened to me.…Today, making a website is infinitely easier.…If you're a web or interactive designer,…you'll probably design and code a custom site.…This should present your work and demonstrate your skills.…But remember, you're showing that you understand…visuals, hierarchy, and web capabilities.…Even the designers at Google…hand over the coding and development…to people specializing in that.…
If your focus is not only web, there are several options.…
In this course, Sean takes you through the steps of determining what your design identity is and developing the essential pieces every promotional system needs. He takes a deep dive into some of the more complex and critical components, such as developing an effective and elegant website, and also touches on topics one might not think of—such as writing an effective bio and working with colleges to give back and brand build. Learn how to let the world know who you are and what you do. Start promoting your design career now.
- Compiling brand assets: your CV, images, and project descriptions
- Creating a website to showcase you and your portfolio
- Creating business cards
- Sending thank-yous
- Managing your social media presence
- Joining AIGA and other design organizations
- Participating in events and conferences
Skill Level Beginner
Running a Design Business: Starting Smallwith Petrula Vrontikis1h 33m Appropriate for all
1. The Brand Assets
2. Your Website
3. Print Materials
4. Communications and Social Media
Next steps3m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.