Understand how to utilize LinkedIn and what type of content is best.
- I've suggested using LinkedIn…as a valuable social media channel for a while.…Many people think it is only a source for resumes…and finding a job.…While LinkedIn does service this need,…for self-promotion, it has definite advantages…over other social media channels.…I rely on LinkedIn to reach a different audience…than my Facebook, Twitter, blog, or website.…According to the Pew Research Center,…LinkedIn usage is high among college educated…and high earners.…
Those making more than $75,000 a year.…These are potential clients…and other influencers in the design field.…The people you want to connect with professionally.…LinkedIn also SKUs to higher usage…among 50 to 64 year olds…than 18 to 29 year olds.…Again, reaching someone more likely…to have the professional experience…to be running a company.…I break it down like this.…Facebook is the place to post casual…and interesting content.…
Sometimes more personal in nature.…Twitter is for fast news…or a driver to your site or blog.…LinkedIn is the place that gives your brand and you…
In this course, Sean takes you through the steps of determining what your design identity is and developing the essential pieces every promotional system needs. He takes a deep dive into some of the more complex and critical components, such as developing an effective and elegant website, and also touches on topics one might not think of—such as writing an effective bio and working with colleges to give back and brand build. Learn how to let the world know who you are and what you do. Start promoting your design career now.
- Compiling brand assets: your CV, images, and project descriptions
- Creating a website to showcase you and your portfolio
- Creating business cards
- Sending thank-yous
- Managing your social media presence
- Joining AIGA and other design organizations
- Participating in events and conferences
Skill Level Beginner
Running a Design Business: Starting Smallwith Petrula Vrontikis1h 33m Intermediate
1. The Brand Assets
2. Your Website
3. Print Materials
4. Communications and Social Media
Next steps3m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.