Learn how to organize and maintain an asset library.
- The first task of creating a strong Image Asset Library…is to create the images.…The next step is organizing them,…so you can find one when asked.…I find designers get a little uptight…when building an Image Asset Library.…It's as if they are collecting images…for their lifetime monograph.…It's not that.…It's a resource of work you can use, update or ignore.…I have images in my files of envelopes…I designed 10 years ago for an invitation.…
I probably won't put that on my website,…or use it on the cover of the Sean Adams Compendium,…but I have it just in case.…The very last step of every project is documentation.…It's not an afterthought, it's the last phase.…Every print based project is saved…as a high quality PDF file.…This allows you to reopen the document in Photoshop…at any time and save it to the correct resolution.…This will save you from opening a file…months or years later and missing linked images or fonts.…
Now, open the PDF in Photoshop and save two versions.…The first version is approximately 8 X 10 at 72dpi.…
In this course, Sean takes you through the steps of determining what your design identity is and developing the essential pieces every promotional system needs. He takes a deep dive into some of the more complex and critical components, such as developing an effective and elegant website, and also touches on topics one might not think of—such as writing an effective bio and working with colleges to give back and brand build. Learn how to let the world know who you are and what you do. Start promoting your design career now.
- Compiling brand assets: your CV, images, and project descriptions
- Creating a website to showcase you and your portfolio
- Creating business cards
- Sending thank-yous
- Managing your social media presence
- Joining AIGA and other design organizations
- Participating in events and conferences
Skill Level Beginner
Running a Design Business: Starting Smallwith Petrula Vrontikis1h 33m Appropriate for all
1. The Brand Assets
2. Your Website
3. Print Materials
4. Communications and Social Media
Next steps3m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.