Learn what elements to produce for your own identity collateral.
- For years, I reprinted stationery…from my firm every few months.…We printed contracts on it, invoices,…letters, and purchase orders.…It was a work horse, and it was fun to design.…Today I have a box of letterhead, envelopes,…and mailing labels, and I used 10 last year.…There just isn't the demand for hard copy…and snail mail today.…If your contracts, invoices, and bulk of communication…are happening online, do you need any of it printed?…Call me fuddy-duddy, but I say, "yes."…They may be few but there still will be times…when a hard copy on your letterhead is required…or adds a special touch.…
You may only need 50 of each,…and you can print these digitally…with a good digital printer,…or a company such as moo.com.…Like a stationery system for a client,…you need a letterhead, blank second sheet…on the same paper stock, #10 envelope,…crack and peel mailing label, and business cards.…Let's revisit our designer's brand attributes.…It's important to stay true to these…with the design of these items.…And it's important to remember that…
In this course, Sean takes you through the steps of determining what your design identity is and developing the essential pieces every promotional system needs. He takes a deep dive into some of the more complex and critical components, such as developing an effective and elegant website, and also touches on topics one might not think of—such as writing an effective bio and working with colleges to give back and brand build. Learn how to let the world know who you are and what you do. Start promoting your design career now.
- Compiling brand assets: your CV, images, and project descriptions
- Creating a website to showcase you and your portfolio
- Creating business cards
- Sending thank-yous
- Managing your social media presence
- Joining AIGA and other design organizations
- Participating in events and conferences
Skill Level Beginner
Running a Design Business: Starting Smallwith Petrula Vrontikis1h 33m Appropriate for all
1. The Brand Assets
2. Your Website
3. Print Materials
4. Communications and Social Media
Next steps3m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.