Learn what not to do throughout the process of determining and justifying your rate.
- View Offline
- We live in a culture that devalues creative skills.…Maybe because puritans founded the United States,…creativity has a bad rap.…It's fun, so it can't be worth real money.…Unfortunately, many designers believe the same thing…and are the first to underprice and undervalue what they do.…You have a talent that your clients don't.…Good clients understand this…and expect to pay for your services.…You're not in competition with the client's nephew…who has Photoshop.…
Don't devalue yourself.…Smart people know you get what you pay for.…Before discussing fees of any kind, you need information.…How much do you charge for a logo…can't be answered immediately.…Have questions ready to go…when speaking with a potential client.…What type of company or product is this for?…What is your timeframe?…What are the deliverables?…What is the goal of the project?…Once you start the project and begin the research phase,…you'll have other questions,…but these can help formulate a fee structure.…
There are many ways to create a proposal.…
Sean Adams champions design internationally on behalf of his work with AIGA. Here he breaks down the walls between designers and clients so they can have a more collaborative and successful experience. There are whys and hows, dos and don'ts, and simple strategies for finding good partnerships, cooperating on designs, and negotiating fees, from both sides of the table. Plus, learn ways to gauge the return on investment and provide proof the design is working.
- Why hire a graphic designer?
- How do you find a graphic designer?
- How much do graphic design projects cost?
- How much should graphic designers charge?
- What are a graphic designer's responsibilities?
- How can a graphic designer prove a design is successful?