Understand where to look, and what to look for, when hiring a graphic designer.
- You've explored the options…and decided that your brand and communications strategy…is important and deserves professional expertise.…Now it may seem that everyone you know…has a friend who is a graphic designer.…But hiring the right designer is critical.…It would be great if all designers were the same.…But like every other profession,…there is a range of personalities and talents.…It's your job to find the right person…for the job and for you.…Before looking for a designer,…it's important for you to understand what you want.…
This is a partnership.…The designer is a collaborator,…not a short order cook or pair of hands.…First, determine the scope of the project.…If you're not sure, be aware of that fact…and ask the designer to help identify the needs.…Second, be honest with yourself.…How closely do you want to be involved?…Would you like frequent updates and close collaboration…or do you prefer to give the assignment…and not be bothered until it's finished?…Once you know the answers here, you can refine your search.…
Sean Adams champions design internationally on behalf of his work with AIGA. Here he breaks down the walls between designers and clients so they can have a more collaborative and successful experience. There are whys and hows, dos and don'ts, and simple strategies for finding good partnerships, cooperating on designs, and negotiating fees, from both sides of the table. Plus, learn ways to gauge the return on investment and provide proof the design is working.
- Why hire a graphic designer?
- How do you find a graphic designer?
- How much do graphic design projects cost?
- How much should graphic designers charge?
- What are a graphic designer's responsibilities?
- How can a graphic designer prove a design is successful?