Learn how to use Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest as a tool for promotion.
- We all know people who seem to spend every hour of the day…posting on Facebook, tweeting,…and uploading images to Instagram.…I'm not sure how they have the time do their actual jobs.…I hate to admit it, I'm jealous of people…who have this skill.…You may not have the time to post every hour,…but being involved in online social media,…such as Facebook and Twitter,…is another way to reach your audience.…Let's step back in time.…Before the Internet, there were only a few outlets…for graphic designers to be seen.…
There were magazine like CA, Print, and Graphis,…three or four books each year,…competitions from AIGA and the Art Directors Club,…and the Aspen and AIGA conferences.…The path to fame was set.…First, you were noticed in a competition.…Then a magazine would do a story on you,…followed by a speaking engagement at an AIGA conference.…Then the Aspen design conference…and being included in a design book.…Then, you were a famous designer.…This kept a the stable of star designers…small and tightly-controlled.…
But online media opened the doors to everyone.…
In this course, Sean takes you through the steps of determining what your design identity is and developing the essential pieces every promotional system needs. He takes a deep dive into some of the more complex and critical components, such as developing an effective and elegant website, and also touches on topics one might not think of—such as writing an effective bio and working with colleges to give back and brand build. Learn how to let the world know who you are and what you do. Start promoting your design career now.
- Compiling brand assets: your CV, images, and project descriptions
- Creating a website to showcase you and your portfolio
- Creating business cards
- Sending thank-yous
- Managing your social media presence
- Joining AIGA and other design organizations
- Participating in events and conferences
Skill Level Beginner
Running a Design Business: Starting Smallwith Petrula Vrontikis1h 33m Intermediate
1. The Brand Assets
2. Your Website
3. Print Materials
4. Communications and Social Media
Next steps3m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.