- View Offline
- What is concepting?
- Working with clients
- Doing your research
- Determining the core values of a product or service
- Using free association
- Building the written descriptives
- Using search engines to fuel ideas
- Flipping your ideas 180 degrees
- Creating a rough sketch
- Defining the refined sketch
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- Hi, I'm Craig Smallish. Being involved in the creative industry as an art director, illustrator, and educator has enabled me to develop useful strategies for building original concepts. Dwindling time and budgets make it vital to have a concept development process that works effectively. So that every assignment stands a far better chance of being successful. In this course, we'll target key strategies that creatives can use to develop their best work. From storytelling scenarios to viewing online resources with a new perspective, to spinning your concept 180 degrees.
These unique resources can speed your process and improve the concepts you develop. The strategies I'll demonstrate in these lessons will help you push your creativity to a new level. So the next time you're experiencing a creative block, or when the pressure of a deadline or a tight budget is cramping your creativity, you'll be ready, armed with methods to help you develop and design your very best ideas. Let's get started.