Understand ways of creating a postcard or system of cards for ongoing communication.
- There have been so many times…that I have run into a client at a restaurant…or on the street and they've said,…"You know, I have a project coming up.…We should talk."…It goes back to the old saying,…"Out of sight, out of mind."…But you can't call or email everyone each day.…That would take a long time…and may qualify as stalking.…I remind my existing potential clients…and others in the design world…that I'm still out there with a…combination of online and printed communications.…Postcards and cards have been incredibly useful to me.…
It's easy to write a quick note…or send a mass mailing out quickly.…And it's a great way to reinforce your brand message.…Years ago, one of my clients wanted a postcard…to send announcing interesting news.…I designed 24 postcards and printed them all…on the same printing form.…He went on to send a different one each month.…It was so successful, that his clients and contacts…kept them as a series and emailed him for extras.…It worked.…So I did the same thing.…
This way, I could stay in touch without being annoying.…
In this course, Sean takes you through the steps of determining what your design identity is and developing the essential pieces every promotional system needs. He takes a deep dive into some of the more complex and critical components, such as developing an effective and elegant website, and also touches on topics one might not think of—such as writing an effective bio and working with colleges to give back and brand build. Learn how to let the world know who you are and what you do. Start promoting your design career now.
- Compiling brand assets: your CV, images, and project descriptions
- Creating a website to showcase you and your portfolio
- Creating business cards
- Sending thank-yous
- Managing your social media presence
- Joining AIGA and other design organizations
- Participating in events and conferences
Skill Level Beginner
Running a Design Business: Starting Smallwith Petrula Vrontikis1h 33m Appropriate for all
1. The Brand Assets
2. Your Website
3. Print Materials
4. Communications and Social Media
Next steps3m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.