Understand your role and scope of work in a project as a designer.
- Articulating the value of professional graphic design…is an important part of the job.…In my experience, most large organizations understand this…and have worked with designers before,…but every once in awhile, I'll meet someone who cannot…understand why the $100 online logo company…is not as valuable as the $10,000 fee I proposed.…That's where good persuasion skills come in handy.…You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.…The same is true for a client who…refuses to believe design has value.…
I can provide examples and show stats, but some people…will never accept that the right or wrong…design solution can make or break a company.…Let's presume you have someone open to the explanation.…Examples are a great place to start.…Ask the client to imagine Apple, Starbucks,…or any other successful brand without their brand visuals.…Not just the logo, but also the entire look and feel.…Each of these companies has beaten the competition,…not because their product is better,…but because the design elevated and communicated…
Sean Adams champions design internationally on behalf of his work with AIGA. Here he breaks down the walls between designers and clients so they can have a more collaborative and successful experience. There are whys and hows, dos and don'ts, and simple strategies for finding good partnerships, cooperating on designs, and negotiating fees, from both sides of the table. Plus, learn ways to gauge the return on investment and provide proof the design is working.
- Why hire a graphic designer?
- How do you find a graphic designer?
- How much do graphic design projects cost?
- How much should graphic designers charge?
- What are a graphic designer's responsibilities?
- How can a graphic designer prove a design is successful?