Join Trish Witkowski for an in-depth discussion in this video The mailing indicia, part of Print Production: Direct Mail.
- There are many ways to apply postage to a mail piece,…and one of the most common methods is called an Indicia.…Marketers choose to use an Indicia to avoid applying postage…during the mail preparation process.…The way it works is the marketer sets up an advanced…deposit account and puts money in it.…They receive a permit number,…which becomes an identifier…that they have to include in the Indicia,…and when they bring the mail to the post office…the postage cost for mailing are deducted from the account.…It's kind of like having a checking account…at the post office.…So, where a postage stamp is adhered to the piece,…and a meter stamp is ink-jetted…onto the piece after print production,…an Indicia is actually created as artwork,…and placed into the digital file…in the page layout software program,…and printed to show postage prepayment…by an authorized mailer who holds a permit.…
You can also print the Indicia on a label,…and apply it to the mail piece,…but that's less common.…Now, if you start looking for Indicias,…
- Choosing the right mail format, printing method, and postage
- Engagement strategies to increase open rate and response
- The rules of envelope mail, reply mail, and folded mail
- The components of a mailpiece
- Mail-design tips
- Identifying and preventing the most common and costly mail errors
- Presorting and other postal-optimization strategies
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Direct Mail Strategywith Trish Witkowski2h 2m Beginner
Developing Ideas and Design Conceptswith Craig Smallish1h 39m Appropriate for all
Learning Print Production (2012)with Claudia McCue4h 27m Beginner
1. Physical Requirements for Mail
2. Production Planning
3. Designing for Mail
4. Envelope Mail
5. Mail Prep and Optimization
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.