Join Trish Witkowski for an in-depth discussion in this video Printing method, part of Print Production: Direct Mail.
- At some point in your production planning,…you're going to need to determine…how the mailpiece will be printed.…And there are three general categories…for printing for direct mail, Digital,…Sheetfed Offset, and Web Offset Printing.…Probably the single greatest driver…of this decision will be print quantity.…Digital printing is great for small to medium runs.…What do I mean by that?…I mean from the single digits into…the tens of thousands of pieces.…Digital printing is also a superstar…when it comes to customized content.…Ideal for targeted marketing campaigns,…digital printing does not use printing plates.…
So every piece can be different…and personalized for each intended target.…There are a wide range of options for paper…and even special print effects, like printing white…or printing clear to produce a spot varnish effect,…shimmer, raised textures, and much more.…Digital printing can be sheetfed or web fed.…If you're unfamiliar, sheetfed refers…to printing on single sheets of paper.…Whereas a digital web press feeds…
- Choosing the right mail format, printing method, and postage
- Engagement strategies to increase open rate and response
- The rules of envelope mail, reply mail, and folded mail
- The components of a mailpiece
- Mail-design tips
- Identifying and preventing the most common and costly mail errors
- Presorting and other postal-optimization strategies
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Direct Mail Strategywith Trish Witkowski2h 2m Beginner
Developing Ideas and Advertising Conceptswith Craig Smallish1h 39m Appropriate for all
1. Physical Requirements for Mail
2. Production Planning
3. Designing for Mail
4. Envelope Mail
5. Mail Prep and Optimization
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.