Join Trish Witkowski for an in-depth discussion in this video Match mail and mail merge, part of Print Production Essentials: Direct Mail.
- We've all received a letter in the mail…with our name in the greeting, and with our name…and address on the outside of the envelope.…It's very common, so common these days…that we really just don't think about…how complicated and critical it can be…to make sure that the name on the envelope…matches the name on the letter.…Giving the wrong mail to the wrong person…can erode consumer confidence in a brand…and just plain aggravate people.…Now, let's raise the stakes.…Let's say the envelope holds personal…medical reports or financial information.…Can you imagine the privacy violations…and legal issues a company could face…if the name on the envelope wasn't the intended…recipient of its highly private contents?…So, personalized mail brings a new level…of complexity to direct mail, but it…also brings tremendous benefits.…
Personalized mail has been proven to be…more engaging and is generally perceived…as more relevant to the recipient.…Not surprisingly, personalized mail averages higher…response rates than mail that has not been personalized.…
- Choosing the right mail format, printing method, and postage
- Engagement strategies to increase open rate and response
- The rules of envelope mail, reply mail, and folded mail
- The components of a mailpiece
- Mail-design tips
- Identifying and preventing the most common and costly mail errors
- Presorting and other postal-optimization strategies
Skill Level Beginner
Developing Ideas and Design Conceptswith Craig Smallish1h 39m Appropriate for all
1. Physical Requirements for Mail
2. Production Planning
3. Designing for Mail
4. Envelope Mail
5. Mail Prep and Optimization
Next steps1m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.